Welcome to Historic European Castles!
My name is Chrissy and I am the founder of this Travel Blog.
Here you will find any information you are looking regarding your forthcoming trip to Europe!
If you cannot find what you are looking for contact me and I will do my best to help you.
Since I can remember myself I was passionate about traveling. Every summer I used to travel to the Greek islands of Crete and Lemnos to spend some time with my grandmothers. At the age of 8 I made my first trip abroad to Italy, following by the next one 3 years later to Kenya and Egypt.
Traveling always felt so natural to me, I always wanted to explore the world and so far I have managed to travel to 17 countries.
Organizing trips was always my vantage point so after the encouragement of my friends I decided to start this blog which I currently run full-time.
Here are some facts about me:
- I am a dog lover. I grew up with dogs and I have recently adopted a stray dog called Charlie!
- I enjoy reading books especially crime novels. My favorite author is Agatha Christie but I also enjoy reading Scandinavian authors like Camilla Lackberg and Jo Nesbo.
- I spent one year in Edinburgh, Scotland working in a hotel and doing my dissertation on Scotch Whisky and how it affects the tourism in Scotland.
- I spent another year working in Oxfordshire England and exploring the English countryside.
- I really like England and anything that has to do with Jane Austen and the Victorian era.
- I speak Greek, English and Spanish.
- I have two citizenships Greek and Australian but I haven’t been to Australia yet! Shame on me!
- I had to have a surgery on my first trip abroad, I had an appendicitis crisis.
- I wanted to be an air-stewardess but I wasn’t tall enough.
- Me and my half sister that I adore have a 29 year difference gap.